All of our animals have lived in individual foster homes, so we have a good idea of their temperament, level of activity, and special needs for a home.
Adoptions include spay/neuter, microchip, rabies, vaccinations, deworming, and vet check. Our cats have been tested for FIV/FeLV. Cats are to be indoor pets only and can not be declawed.
- We always accept returns of our pets, however we do not take returns without advanced notice.
- Unless an arrangement has been made when you adopted your pet, we do not provide refunds.
- We do not accept pets from the general public. If you have a pet you can no longer provide a home for, we suggest you call the Spokane Humane Society. There is a small fee associated with the relinquishment to help pay for the care of the animal.
- If you have found or lost a pet, please call SCRAPS. Since we do not accept pets from the public and only take in animals legally relinquished from shelters, we will not have your lost pet.
- We are not a vet and do not provide any spay/neuter or vaccination services.
- We are not able to provide temporary care for your pet; our foster homes are all reserved for animals rescued from euthanasia in shelters. We suggest you contact a kennel and discuss your unique situation and needs.
Our cats are located at our adoption center on Trent and Argonne, or at the PetSmart on Broadway. Before you decide which cat to adopt, we encourage you to meet and interact with them before making your decision. Our adoption process begins with an application. This gives us basic information about your family and home environment, and helps us ensure a good match between cat and family.
At our Adoption Center
- A volunteer will immediately review your application and contact the foster home for adoption approval. Approval can happen immediately, but may take up to 24 hours. The foster home knows the cat best, and may ask you questions about your home to make sure the cat is a good fit. This is also your opportunity to ask questions about the cat’s personality, favorite toys, or habits in a relaxed home environment.
- Once approved, you will fill out an adoption contract. Cats are required to be indoor only and are not to be declawed.
- If you don’t have a cat carrier, we have them available for $5.
- Volunteers are typically present on Saturdays. If a volunteer is present, complete and turn in your application to them. The process is then the same as at our adoption center.
- If no volunteers are present, complete an application (located near the cats) and turn it in to a cashier.
- A volunteer will review your application, contact the foster home, and obtain an adoption decision within 48 hours.
- You will receive a call letting you know the adoption decision. If approved, we’ll schedule a time to meet at PetSmart and complete the adoption contract. Cats are required to be indoor-only and are not to be declawed. If you have a cat carrier, please bring it with you.
- You will have 2 weeks to take advantage of a free vet check at one of our approved vets. If the pet is found to have any health issues at that time, Partners for Pets will pay for the treatment.
- If your pet needs any follow-up vaccinations, you will be informed during your adoption and we’ll tell you how to get those done.
- Your adoption contract will have a phone number for the foster home. If any issues arise regarding behavior/personality, adjustment to your home, or socialization with other pets, please contact the foster home directly. We are here to help ensure you and your pet have the best experience possible.
- If for any reason you need to return the pet, please call the foster home as soon as possible. We appreciate at least 2 weeks notice to find space in a foster home. Please do not bring your pet directly to any of our adoption locations! Always call the foster home first to make arrangements.